Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 47 ( Another zero day, but with Golf! )  Total miles still = 9,176.9
Dave and I arose early, took Charlie's truck and drove to pick him up at his house.  Charlie took us to Bent Creek, an 18 hole older venue with a challenging layout.  The wives stayed at the campground (really, it was their choice!) to have a day to themselves.  We got a 9:37 tee time.  Charlie hadn't played in about (2) months, Dave hadn't played since before our trip, and I hadn't played since I separated my elbow in August, so it was a real rusty start to the day.  The front nine saw no scores under 50. Yuck! The second nine saw everyone shave 10 strokes off their score except me..only 9 stokes off for me.  The temp was in the high 70's with unusually low humidity. An after the round beer and some pizza at Uncle Charlie's ( who originally came from Whitman, MA.) ended the masculine afternoon, and we returned to the campground.  We then spent about 2-3 hours sitting out in the sun and exchanging stories.  Charlie left about 7 PM and we did some last minute planning and then retired to our RV's for some solo R & R.
(Sorry I didn't have the camera on the course, so no pictures today!)

Tomorrow we begin our journey North!

No comments:

Post a Comment